Monday, April 4, 2011



In the last couple weeks in life drawing we have worked on the feet and now the shoulders and biceps. I found that my drawings are becoming a bit more accurate, and I am glad that we are spending more class time doing drawings(preferably long poses) then working on the manikin. I found that the arms are difficult in the sense that they start in the chest which i never new, so the matter of finding the start of it usually takes awhile and I am not really sure that I had drawn the forms properly.

2 comments:

  1. It usually takes me quite a while to find where things fit too (sadly, not just the arms). And I too am really enjoying the longer poses. I am often unable to really get anywhere in a drawing until a substantial amount of time has passed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I forgot to mention that I really like the top foot in your last drawing. Very well done. Especially the big toe. You did a nice job defining the planes of the foot and its undulating surface.

    ReplyDelete