Friday, March 4, 2011

Midterm post

http://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/?start_tab=sets

For my midterm post I would like to comment about how much my drawing techniques have gotten better. Mostly I believe that the gestures that we do during almost every class helps out a lot, not just warming us up but also in helping us with different poses and forms. So far in the semester I believe that I have gotten much better at drawing proportions the right way and also worrying more about the forms then I ever did in drawing when I had worked mostly on perfecting light and shadows; which in the long run is much more important. I am hoping that with the rest of the semester everything will continue to improve in class in not just drawing but also building muscles on the manikin.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Drawing with out shading and or getting the right light is different, but for this class it helps. I agree that it helps us actually see what we are drawing and actually draw it exactly how it looks with every detail. It would be kind of cool if we did add some shading in it though. So far I enjoy this class as well and I agree that drawing in these certain techniques help improve our skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too feel that the gesture drawings are helping a lot. I have started finding it a little hard to get the spin/middle line, rib cage, pelvis, and thighs all down in 30 seconds. But I think that will get easier as I draw them more. And I wish I felt the same way about shading as Christy. Truthfully, I am a little nervous about it.

    And the link to your flickr appears to be broken. I think you need to select photostream on the flickr site and then copy that URL.

    ReplyDelete